Compensation requests from the fishing community can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, or to Sutton Harbour Lock Team, Environment Agency, Manley House, Kestrel Way, Exeter, EX2 7LQ.
The Environment Agency will assess those requests. Harbour users are obliged to take reasonable steps to mitigate their losses.
Compensation requests process:
- Requests must be submitted in writing to email@example.com; or to Sutton Harbour Lock Team, Environment Agency, Manley House, Kestrel Way, Exeter, EX2 7LQ.
- Compensation requests must be submitted in writing, and supported by documentary evidence;
- Each request will be assessed individually and on its own merits by the Environment Agency with the support of Sutton Harbour Company (or their agents). As part of the assessment process, Sutton Harbour Company will provide information relevant to the claims for compensation and reasonable assistance with the Environment Agency’s assessment of those claims.
- Requestors may be asked to provide additional information to enable their request to be considered and they will be obliged to take reasonable steps to mitigate their losses;
- On the completion of the review, the Environment Agency will make an assessment of the request, and if substantiated, an offer to make a compensatory payment to the requestor;
- If the requests cannot be resolved amicably, the requestor has the right to take further action;
If you choose to provide any contact details, you consent to the Environment Agency using the details provided to contact you about issues related to compensation. We will not share your details with any other third party without your explicit consent, unless required to by law. You can withdraw your consent for us to contact you at any time, by contacting DCISenquiries@environment-agency.gov.uk
The Environment Agency is the data controller for the personal data you provide. For further information on how we deal with your personal data please see our Personal Information Charter on gov.uk (search ‘Environment Agency personal information charter’) or contact our Data Protection team.
Address: Data Protection team